Now Scream This: Celebrate Thanksgiving With These Streaming Horror Movies

(Welcome to Now Scream This, a column where horror experts Chris Evangelista and Matt Donato tell you what scary, spooky, and spine-tingling movies are streaming and where you can watch them.)

Matt: I’m not going to fake positivity. This Thanksgiving will suck on levels that no holiday has any right to, because I’ll assume we’re all doing the responsible thing by staying home amidst growing concern over (once again) increasing COVID-19 cases. The somewhat salvageable news? In October, roughly 40+ new-release horror films hit VOD platforms and streaming services. Far too many titles for the sane and rational moviewatcher to tackle in a single month, now with an extended four-day weekend and lots of at-home lounge time. Here’s to chipping away at our backlogs instead of needlessly extending future lockdown protocols!

Chris: It’s been a month. Hell, it’s been a year. Things are rough, and now it’s Thanksgiving time – but I really hope you’re not traveling. I get it – you’re used to the tradition and want to go home and see your people. But you really, really shouldn’t. Not this year. Sooner or later, we’ll be on the other side of this. And while I’m not going to sit here and lie and say everything will be back to normal, things will be better. Because they have to be. For now, though, you should probably spend the holidays at home. And if you’re looking for something to fill your time, we’re rounding up some horror titles you might have missed in the last few weeks (you’ve probably had other things on your mind, what with…ya know…everything).